Breitling’s all-purpose watch for your every pursuit. The Chronomat holds a significant place in Breitling’s history. Introduced in 1984, at a time where extra-thin quartz timepieces were the order of the day, Breitling placed a bold bet on an impressively proportioned mechanical watch. Based on the Frecce Tricolori chronograph, which had been developed and launched in 1983 in collaboration with the famed Italian aerial squadron, the Chronomat celebrated Breitling’s centenary in style and marked the return of the mechanical chronograph to its rightfully prominent place at the brand which had built its global reputation on these incredible watches. Available in a variety of materials including stainless steel and 18k red gold, the Chronomat features a 42 mm case and the iconic bezel with the four rider tabs. Available with a range of black, blue, silver, and copper dials, the Chronomat is matched to the signature “Rouleaux” bracelet and is powered by the in-house Breitling Manufacture Caliber 01, a COSC-certified chronometer.
- Movement: Automatic
- Movement/Caliber: Breitling 01 (Manufacture)
- Power reserve: Approx. 70 hours
- Vibration: 28,800 v.p.h
- Jewel: 47 jewels
- Chronograph: 1/4th second chronograph, 30-minute and 12-hour totalizers.
- Case Material: Stainless steel & 18k red gold
- Case Diameter: 42mm
- Water Resistance: 200 m (660 ft)
- Crystal: Cambered sapphire, glareproofed both sides
- Bracelet Material: Stainless steel & 18k red gold
- Bracelet color: Metal